I could tell you that I’m Emily Wade, that I’m thirty-something, that I love Jesus, and that I have a passion for words. But that’s pretty standard. Instead, I will give you a list of seven pertinent facts to help distinguish myself from similar writers. After all, this is probably the kind of stuff you’d like to know anyway:
- I have a phobia about all things tooth-related. I dread the dentist, and I dream about terrible tooth tragedies.
- I’m never happier than when I’m outside, walking somewhere beautiful when the wind smells like fresh earth.
- I waited a good, long time to tie the knot, but when I did, I married Mark–the kindest, funniest, most supportive man on the planet.
- I’ve been skydiving. I’ve been rocky mountain climbing. But I’ve never ridden a bull of any name.
- I am don’t-get-me-started obsessed with C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien, and I often wish I could have been a mere rabbit in the room during their conversations.
- I had the privilege of teaching several subjects to high school students over the span of 11 years, but my favorite subject by far is literature. It’s like theology, philosophy, history, and story time wrapped into one.
- I know I’m probably out of my league, but I feel I must write some books that are worth reading or else die trying.
Thanks so much for joining me on my journey! I would be honored if you’d keep coming back for more posts and more interaction. I’d be doubly honored if you’d sign up for the Past Watchful Dragons emails so you never miss a post! Feel free to contact me any time, and I hope to hear from you soon!